Support Melba Inclusive Learning Environment - S.M.I.L.E
Hi everyone, we are a group that are seeking local government action to upgrade the recreational space in Melba, next to the Melba High School so that it becomes a safe, educational, inclusive and fun space for children, parents and community groups.
It is difficult to believe that the land we are proposing for upgrade was once a recreational space. If you look at the site now it is a run down area which has had no attention for over 10 years and is in need of a revamp. Melba is growing and is home to many young families but the playgrounds are small, non inclusive, most don't have shade, have no parking and are outdated.
We are proposing:
- An inclusive nature-based playground with sunshade and rain shelter
- Seating, tables & drinking fountains
- Toilet block upgrade/maintenance
- Upgrade basketball courts to multi-sport courts
- Learn to ride space for young children
If you agree with the above kindly sign the petition to show your support.
Follow or share your thoughts at https://www.facebook.com/MelbaRecreationalSpace.