Stop Oak Park price increase
The price increase to include classes in memberships which has been recently advertised has got a lot of people annoyed for the following reasons:
1. Classes are often fully booked when we come to book them, and then not policed properly so people who have booked don’t turn up.
2. To book/cancel a class requires phoning up which is almost impossible. After a 3 minute recorded message the line is cut claiming “high call volumes” or just not answered. We were told it was going online but this has never happened.
3. The equipment in the studio is tired and unusable - such as the uneven bars for body pump.
4. There is currently nothing stopping people attending classes without booking, despite the paper ticket system attempt, so people who don’t pay the increase will still use class spaces.
5. The parking is appalling. People supervising the children’s football take priority so members have to park over at KFC or risk getting a ticket from the council for having to park outside of a space.
6. The showers in both the men’s and women’s changing rooms were broken for a considerable time with nobody fixing them - will these issues be fixed sooner?
6. Swimming lessons and racket sports are still an additional cost, which now need to be included in this additional price increase.
7. The family membership offers no option to add classes and therefore for people with a family membership the price will increase from £365 a year to £720! As the personal membership is going up by £5 a month I can’t understand the 100% increase for people with children. As this gym is very family orientated this is going to result in a lot of members leaving and the atmosphere changing, ultimately the other gyms now have better packages to offer.
I doubt I will get a suitable response from the management on my own but if we all show a united front I may have more luck, so please sign to save us all having to cancel our memberships and move elsewhere. Thanks!