Save Alma Vale
You may be aware that Black
Rock (the owners of Clifton Down Shopping Centre) are intending to build student accommodation comprising 93
units over 5 floors in the vacant car park adjacent to 79 Alma Vale
Road (behind the back of Clifton Down Shopping Centre).
This petition is created to OBJECT the proposal.
Why we are planning to object:
1. We believe there should be an appropriate ratio of students to non-students living in this area in order to preserve the current demographic diversity, in order for all residents, including students to enjoy living here.
2. The Residents Associations and their members have always welcomed students here. However we believe that the scale of the proposed development is inappropriate for the area. A low-rise small residential property would be more suitable.
3. There will not be any on-site parking for the residents of the new block or their visitors.
4. Increased noise and traffic will be inevitable; especially troublesome for those living very nearby.
5. They are planning to install "proper lighting outside of the property for safety reasons". "Proper lighting" for that size of the property means unwanted light pollution in a quiet residential area.
Unless local people object, this development will go ahead unopposed. Please make your voice heard!