No To Swayam
We the students of Graphic Era Hill University from The Department of Animation and Gaming, 1st semester, appeal you for making the subjects of the application "Swayam" optional. We already have five main subjects with an addition of a GE subject compulsory in our syllabus. Because of the subjects of swayam app, we are unable to give our full 100 percent focus & energy to our main 6 subjects, which is resulting in our lack of concentration and performance in the improvement of our skills in our animation and gaming sector.
We hereby request you to listen to our plead and take necessary action
Main Points which led for the process of this petition
1. There are already 6 subjects including a General Elective where we already deveping our skills at other subject apart from our own department so there's no need for the seventh one as Swayam Course.
2. The time management is not possible because of classes on daily basis, and assignments as well.
3. Students were informed by the faculty members that this is totally free but at the end of the semester, they asked the students to pay a fee amount in order to register for exam and obtain the certificate.
4. The students were informed very late by the faculty members which actually affected the assignment submission process of a large number of students.
5. The extra pressure due to Swayam also affecting the mental state of the students, they feel over stressed which is eventually seen in the academic results of the students.