Leeds City Council are planning to build 165 houses in Colton and place a Gypsy Traveller site
on Bullerthorpe Lane all on precious Green Belt land. A link to the plans can be found here.
Residents of Colton and its surrounding areas want to prevent this happening. These plans will:
- Cause enormous pressure on local infrastructure that is already stretched
- Destroy wildlife and local history
- Ensure more and more children won’t get in to local schools
- Create more traffic and more danger for pedestrians, cyclists and children
- Leave a devastating legacy for our children
The more people who sign the petition the better - please feel free to comment but make your comments constructive - please reference concerns over wildlife, schools, infrastructure, safety, local history.
Negative unsubstantiated or irresponsible comments on travellers will count against us. Thanks for your support,