Against Re-Zoning to Apartments at Cactus & Reems Greer Ranch
Please sign this petition to help make your voice heard!
I am against the re-zoning of the location at Cactus and Reems Road .
My concerns for the proposed re zoning of the PAD Amendment application (FS19-093) for approximately 15.09 acres located at the southwest corner of Cactus Road & Reems Rd in Surprise, AZ. The property is currently zoned commercial use and we wish for it to remain commercial use.
I am confident that a medium density apartment complex would not be favorable for our community.
Here are my reasons
1. Effect property values - Greer Ranch property values range from Mid 200's to 600's and in 2007-2014 the values were half or more than these prices. Just in the last year the property values have been able to recover.
2. School is not at capacity but class room sizes are horrible. Additionally, increased traffic to school and currently the school has a severe problem with traffic in front of school which blocks the street each morning and evening when school is in session.
3. Traffic at Cactus and Reems week days between 3PM - 6PM has waiting times and gets backed up to 156th Ave
4. Approximately ½ mile away at Peoria and Reems the Red Bull Factory is being built which will be approximately 700,000 square foot building and the City of Glendale has plans to add more manufacturing business in the areas of Olive to Peoria, Litchfield to Reems. This type of manufacturing will have a large impact on our neighborhood and community and Surprise.
5. The current zoning for commercial will possibly bring a much needed grocery store, gas station, restaurants, or CVS or Walgreens.
6. Currently in Surprise 761 units approved and under construction
Avilla Meadows NexMetro Community: Reems and Waddell roads, 127 units under construction.
Christopher Todd Collection at Marley Park: Old Oak Lane and Whisperwood Drive, 173 units under construction.
Christopher Todd Collection on Mountain View: Mountainview Boulevard and Carlin Drive, 217 units planned.
Hancock Communities at Rancho Trugold: Cotton Lane and Sweetwater Avenue, 244 units planned.
7. Property directly across street. North of Cactus at Reems is zoned for Residential and this could include apartments and homes.
I urge you to sign this petition and send emails to our Mayor and City Council members to stop this re-zoning.
Here the are Mayor and City Council members emails.