STOP dangerous parking outside Newlands Community Primary School
Parents, carers and residents we must work together to ensure Leicestershire County Council (LCC) takes responsibility for the inadequate parking restrictions outside Newlands Community Primary School. We must ensure our voices are heard, that they listen and take on board our concerns and frustrations and ensure they work quickly to resolve this issue and inforce adequate restrictions.
The current situation on Bell Vue Road at drop off and pick up times is not only dangerous and poses a real risk to the safety of our children, it is also causing a nuisance and stress to residents who live on the road with many motorist parking blocking driveways or double parking along the road.
Dangerous, unlawful and inconsiderate parking leads to motorists and pedestrians having to take risks in order to pass parked cars or cross the road blind creating dangerous situations for all involved. There have already been numerous complaints from residents as well as reports of near misses involving our children.
The following suggestions have been made by parents, carers and residents who feel very strongly about the safety of the children attending the school:
- Provide a safety crossing or crossings that are manned by an appropriate adult during drop off and pick up times.
- Employ a Lolipop person to help parents and children cross safely and potentially slow down traffic outside the school.
- Apply double yellow lines to both sides of the road to run between the junction of Hinckley Road and the cross roads located outside the One Stop.
- Install speed bumps to help slow the traffic outside the school.
- Provide parking for parents on the abondaned site to the left of the school.
Please sign this petition to help us resolve this problem, restore normality for the residents and most importantly ensure our children are able to attend school safely!
A copy of this petition will be sent to LCC and David Tredinnick (MP). Please add any further suggestions in the comment boxes below.