PETITION TO CONTROL OUTDOOR ADVERTISING IN ALL OF LA CROSSE COUNTY
68 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
68 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
URGENT! IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD BY YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS ABOUT HOW OUR COMMUNITY LOOKS NOW AND FOR GENERATIONS TO COME, YOU NEED TO SPEAK UP!
To the elected officials of La Crosse County, WI (including the Cities of La Crosse and Onalaska, Villages of Bangor, Holmen, Rockland and West Salem, and the Towns of Bangor, Barre, Burns, Campbell, Farmington, Greenfield, Hamilton, Holland, Medary, Onalaska, Shelby and Washington):
The undersigned residents of La Crosse County, declare and respectfully request:
- The scenic beauty of all
of La Crosse County is vital to the social, economic and environmental vitality
of its residents and visitors.
- Each of our Comprehensive Plans call for the preservation of each of our community’s character, the farmland and our natural areas.
- We are all connected to each other and how each of our communities look is vital to our well-being, as well as all of our neighbors.
- Over the last 30 years, we have been gradually overwhelmed by billboards and signs, well above and beyond what is required.
- In order to reverse this sign blight, it is essential that no new billboards, including digital LED billboards, should be permitted anywhere in the County.
- The digital LED billboard adjacent to State Highway 16 in the Town of Medary is a nuisance and a distraction. It should be removed as soon as possible, and until it can be removed, the brightness should be turned down to a level that is acceptable to the community.
- Reasonable standards for new and existing on-premises electronic message units (EMUs) should be established so they are not creating a nuisance or a distraction. These standards should include limits on the number, size, height, brightness, programming, hours of operation and setbacks to homes, apartments and nursing homes, parks, refuges and conservancies, schools, houses of worship, cemeteries, as well as farmland, natural and scenic areas.
Scenic La Crosse