Say No To In-N-Out Burger
In-n-Out Burger is planning to develop one of their largest restaurants in the San Fernando Valley on the corner of Capistrano and Ventura. This location is currently occupied by a carwash, and we might all agree that this corner would benefit from redevelopment, but this location is NOT suitable for such a popular fast food chain because it abuts a residential neighborhood.
- Over 1000 cars a day will be forced west on Ventura, 60% of which live North or East and will likely cut through our neigborhood to reach their destination.
- Those coming from West will mostly cut through our neighborhood to access the restaurant from Capistrano to be on the North side of Ventura for entrance.
- There is a daycare facility located right at Capistrano and the alley, directly across the street from the proposed location.
- There are virtually no sidewalks in the community forcing all children riding bikes and all people walking through the community are forced to walk in the street.
- Additional parking from employees would further force the community to not even ride a bike or walk close to the curb as they’d be forced into the middle of the side streets.
- There are a significant number of accidents and close calls as people speed through the neighborhood already. One recent accident resulted in a driver being unconscious.
- There is already a significant amount of littering, vandalism, and crime in the community. Bringing in additional 1,000 cars a day through the residential neighborhood will make this pocket even worse than today.
As you can see, these items will impact the safety, health and welfare of the abutting neighborhood and we’d appreciate your support to oppose this project.
For more information, details and a YouTube video that helps describe more concerns, visit our website: http://blockinandout.com/