RENEW, don't REZONE Tiger Point
The Tiger Point Community of Gulf Breeze is a long-established area encompassing approximately 20-25 distinct neighborhoods and generally appealing commercial entities along the south side of Highway 98.
As an unincorporated entity, the residents of Tiger Point have little say in the management of the infrastructure, development, and services available to our neighborhoods. Our immediate concern is with the zoning variance requested by Jehle-Halstead, Inc., Case# 2019-R-010 for the parcel currently in use as the driving range at the Tiger Point Golf Club. The signees of this petition request the Santa Rosa County Zoning Board OPPOSE this proposal for the following reasons:
- Designation of roughly 13.25 acres as "Residential, Medium Density" opens the parcel in question up to potentially 132 new residences.
- Medium Density housing is in no way compatible with the adjacent and surrounding land use.
- There is little in the way of support or improvement for existing infrastructure in place, which currently sees our neighborhood streets pot-holed and flooded due to damaged drainage systems, and traffic-laden due to absorbing excessive traffic from Highway 98.
- Our schools are at or beyond capacity.
- City and County services (fire, police, water, sewer, garbage, and internet) are stretched to the absolute limit of their ability to support existing housing and commercial properties, let alone an additional 130+ residences.
In signing this petition, I acknowledge that I am a current resident of Santa Rosa County, Florida and that I oppose the approval of ANY zoning variance that will create opportunities for multi-family residential properties to be developed in the unincorporated areas of Gulf Breeze generally, and the Tiger Point Community specifically.