Remove Colne Speed Bumps
211 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
211 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
The speed bumps are unsuitable speed calming measures because they cause:
- noise pollution
- air pollution from vehicles speeding up and slowing down
- damage to vehicles
- excessive noise and disturbance to local residents
- pain/discomfort to drivers & passengers, particularly those who suffer from medical conditions
- causes delays / damage to emergency vehicles
- hazard issue to motorcyclists due to bump positions
- lack of visibility on approach
The road safety audit advised against these bumps due to the location being a hazard and relocation or removal was suggested.