CELL TOWER ERECTION - OLIVEDALE
HELP STOP THE ERECTION OF AN UNWANTED CELLPHONE TOWER IN OLIVEDALE, OPPOSITE OLIVEWOOD ESTATE
TO BE ERECTED FRIDAY, 18 MARCH 2016
It has come to the attention of the community that a cellphone tower is being erected in a residential property on the corner of Seil Place (no 1) and Christo Avenue. opposite Olivewood estate.
This erection is Unwanted!
WHAT WE KNOW
- A single property owner was approached and agreed to the erection.
- The owner will allegedly be receiving financial compensation of up to R10 000 per month for hosting this structure. Click here for article: Host A cell tower and make some cash
- The owner has been uncooperative, refusing to answer any questions about the matter.
- No public participation occurred
- No notice period was given to any residents about this erection. Equipment just arrived one day out of the blue
- No forewarning about any health implications
- The tower is being erected by Hauwei for Telkom
- We have approached various media outlets as well as the district DA to gain support
- The residents of Hoek Place and Amsterdam Road were ambushed by this tactic for an MTN tower. They have no recourse now and it is up permenantly.
- Cell phone towers potentially pose radiation health dangers that impact Humans and Animals
- A very good chance property values in the area will be affected due to 'visual pollution' and perceived health risks. Click here for article: Cellphone masts and property values
- One tower services only one network provider. This will set a precedent for other providers to pollute the area with their own towers.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?IN REAL LIFE
- We will be staging a protest on the corner on 18 March, 2016 to raise awareness.
- Come sign our physical petition
- Sign this petition! Every signature counts!
- Convenient: Do it right now, from your couch or where ever you are!
This petition will be delivered to the project management team responsible for making the decision to continue with the erection.
If we show enough opposition we can stop this!