Locksley Sidewalk Installation
17 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
Dear Mayor and City Councilmembers,
The undersigned residents of Locksley Drive, Warrington Road, North Woodridge Road, Dunbarton Drive and surrounding neighborhood petition the City to construct sidewalks along Locksley Drive from Dunbarton Drive to North Woodridge and along North Woodridge to Robin Drive. This would complete a loop of sidewalks and connect two existing sections of sidewalks.We would request that the City Public Works Department construct the 1st section of this project on Locksley Drive from Dunbarton Drive to Warrington Road in FY-2023. We believe these sidewalks should be funded for the following reasons:
- It is in the City’s master sidewalk plan
- There is a large number of young children that live in this area. Currently there are 34 children under the age of 13 on this section of Locksley Drive.
- These sections of Locksley and North Woodridge are “straight-away” stretches and motorists sometimes get up to excessive speed along these portions of the roads.
- Traffic from a large portion of this area of Mountain Brook funnels down Locksley Drive to get to the Overton Village/Publix.
- There are large numbers of walkers and runners who use Locksley Drive at the present.
For these reasons above and due to concerns about public safety, we request the City to apply for a TAP grant in May 2022 and budget for the construction of the phase between Warrington and Dunbarton on Locksley Drive.