Free Internet For Canadian Hospitals
Are you tired of no internet access in Canadian hospitals?
So are we, some hospitals in Canada do offer free Wi-Fi; while others have you pay for it or have no access at all. If you are lucky your hospital may be close to a free hotspot, from a nearby restaurant or store, but that won’t work usually throughout the whole hospital.
Let’s show our hospitals that we do want free Wi-Fi throughout the hospital, especially patients rooms.
This petition is to be used as a way of showing your local hospitals that there are many who want free wifi. We started this to show the Royal Jubilee Hospital the need/want of free internet access.
Many hospitals may already be in the process of getting internet access, hopefully showing them this petition will help speed things along.
Don’t many hospitals already have designated areas or computers to use internet on?
The short answer, Yes.
Why this doesn’t work for many:
- Person using computer when you need it
- Designated area, in a space where germs are quickly building up. (Those with compromised immune systems or are on isolation precautions should not be there, for risk of infection or giving others their sick germs)
- Mobility issues for some patients who can’t leave their room
- Keeping specific computers clean in between uses is hard to monitor
Next Question, Why should there be Wi-Fi in hospitals?
- To stay in contact with family and friends who may need to pick us up or bring us something
- So loved ones can work by a patients bedside if needed
- For entertainment for the mental health of patients (Helps reduce anxiety, depression and stress, while waiting for procedures, or from getting extremely lonely and bored)
Please sign our petition today
Here is a link explaining how Wi-Fi would be helpful in hospitals: http://www.straight.com/life/705311/more-hospital-...