Bass Lake Road Traffic & Pedestrian Safety At The Lake NOW!
Bass Lake Area residents insist that long promised Traffic and Pedestrian Safety improvements to Bass Lake Road between Serrano Parkway and Magnolia Hills Drive can no longer be delayed. The El Dorado County Transportation Department in their findings for the Serrano Village J7 residential project have indicated that the planned improvements to Bass Lake Road will not be necessary in the lifetime of the current El Dorado County General Plan, and have indicated that the condition of approval that Village J7 provide Bass Lake Road frontage improvements will not be required for the project, opting instead to collect frontage improvement fees for future use. Bass Lake Area residents have waited more than 25 years for these promised safety & capacity improvements from this project, as well as many others. Residents are not willing to wait for another 25 years.
Frontage Improvement fees collected now, likely cannot fund improvements in future years:
- Costs will continue to rise: 2019 dollars will be worth less in future years
- There are no guarantees that those funds will even be available
- There is not enough remaining land for future projects that could fund improvements
Village J7 is located on a dangerous blind curve on Bass Lake Road, between Bass Lake & the Bass Lake Overflow, within a few hundred feet of the already negatively impacted Bridlewood Drive.
Since DOT has determined that triggers will not be reached for Bass Lake Road improvements in the lifetime of the current County General Plan, despite the explicit intentions of the 1988 El Dorado Hills Specific Plan, & the 1996 Bass Lake Hills Specific Plan, residents believe that the County should keep the four lane alignment right of ways and easements, but abandon the four lane alignment goals for the next 25 years, and instead provide modest safety & capacity improvements along the existing two lane alignment.
Residents believe that Frontage Improvement fees, and other Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) funding, could be used to provide the following common sense, safety, and capacity improvements:
- PROHIBIT left turn movements on Bass Lake Road at the Village J7 gate. Left turns can be made at the internally accessible Village J6 gate at Whistling Way and Bass Lake Road 1000 feet away- this is a NO COST SOLUTION
- PROVIDE Right turn pockets on Bass Lake Road at Village J6, Village J7, Bridlewood Drive, and Madera Way
- PROVIDE a left turn lane, and stacking area for left turn movements at Bass Lake Road and Bridlewood Drive
- PROVIDE a combined pedestrian pathway and bicycle path along Bass Lake Road connecting Village J6, Village J7, Bridlewood Canyon, and Woodridge, to the future Silver Springs Parkway intersection. This would provide pedestrian connectivity to the proposed Bass Lake Regional Park, the sidewalks and bicycle lanes of the Silver Springs development, and the Sienna Ridge Shopping Center.
iPetitons is a FREE petition site - after signing our petition, the visitor may be prompted to offer a donation to support the iPetitions website: A donation is NOT REQUIRED when signing our petition.