Support Shiselweni 1 to Get Proper Road Infrastructure
45 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
45 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
The community members of Shiselweni 1 inkhundla in the Shiselweni region seeks to petition the Ministry of Public Works and Transport for the community’s poor road (D49). This road is used by many community members, while doing important daily errands like children going to school, people going to the clinic, delivery vehicles going to shops, security forces attending matters in the community. The biggest concern is that this road makes life difficult as it is dilapidated and slippery during rainy season.
We are in the campaign of collecting 1500 signatures
- The community believes a wrong road was approved for upgrade
- Community clinic is inaccessible during rainy season and puts lives of the community at risk
- Transport operators lose business as road is not user friendly and their vehicles get damaged
- Children miss out in learning during rainy season (slippery road)
- Businesses like shops operate under tough conditions (replenishing supplies is tough)
- Emergency response find it hard to reach people of time as road is not accessible.
- Area is becoming a crime den, people are aware that police cannot easily move around community so they get away with many life threatening criminal activities.
- The road connects Masiphula-Mavundluthi-Thandizwe-Mabona-Hhuhhuma-Sivule-Beersheba-Mantambe; an area with an estimated population of 6,000 people
Our plea to the Ministry is that:
- a Probase project be approved for this road and the ministry prioritises this road as a delayed special project for the financial year 2021-22
Please support our cause by signing this petition