STOP the Desert Flower Camping Resort on Highway 110
DO YOU WANT TRAILERS LIKE THESE PERMANENTLY ADORNING YOUR DRIVE THROUGH OUR RESIDENTIAL COMMUNITY?
Desert Flower Camping Resort LLC has filed an application with Taos County to permit a 24 space camping facility ("Camping Resort") a few hundred feet from Highway 110 about 3.04 miles from the intersection with Highway 68. A copy of the full application can be reviewed at this Dropbox Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zz8rb4kh1l70xu6/AABWG_41Mf3yIb9aCnlpUdELa?dl=0
The application is being reviewed in the regular Taos County Special Permit Review Process starting with the Planning Commission on May 3rd, 2021 and perhaps subsequently by Taos County Commissioners. The petitioners whose names appear in this petition oppose the Camping Resort for one or more of the following reasons:
1. The Camping Resort will increase traffic along Highway 110 and cause deterioration in the road which is already in poor repair;
2. The temporary residential Camping Resort is not consistent with the surrounding neighborhoods which are all permanent residents;
3. The development will have a substantial negative impact on the community because the potential 24 occupied sites with as many as 50 or more temporary occupants won't have the same longer term concern for the well-being and safety of the surrounding neighbors;
4. Moreover, water use and human waste for that density of people will also have a substantial negative impact on a small area of a very fragile environment.
5.The visual impact of the Camping Resort - especially with campers setting up and taking down their gear - will not be consistent with the residential architectural design, scale and orientation of the other residential properties along Highway 110;
6. The NM Department of Transport has recognized the design flaws and inherent danger at the corner of Highways 68 and 110 and increased traffic will only make this danger worse.
7. It simply makes no sense to allow the development of a camping facility in the middle of a residential neighborhood.
IF YOU OPPOSE THE APPROVAL OF THE CAMPING RESORT FOR ANY ONE OR MORE OF THE ABOVE REASONS OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON PLEASE SIGNIFY YOUR OPPOSITION BY SIGNING THIS PETITION WITH YOUR NAME IN THE SPACE PROVIDED BELOW AND PROVIDE ANY COMMENTS YOU HAVE IN THE "COMMENT" SECTION.