Stop the 18metre telecoms mast on Elmers End Green
Do you know about the planning application to put an 18m high telecoms mast at the corner of Elmer's End Green?
The mast would be right on the corner with Croydon Road and half as high again as the tallest tree on the Green. The location would be extremely intrusive and make the Green an ugly place for everyone. The Green has been here 300 years!
- The Green is protected as Urban Open Space (UOS). The council’s policy is that any development on UOS must be related to the existing use or be small scale – clearly not the case here..
- This mast would be half as tall again as the tallest tree on the Green. There would also be three large cabinets at the base.
- The visual impact of this mast and its cabinets would be severely detrimental. The view of Elmer's End approaching from Beckenham would be totally dominated by this installation giving a very poor impression of Elmers End itself.
- The location is just feet away from the Elmer's End sign and history plaque.
- LB Bromley are investigating improving the Green by removing the gyratory (one-way) system to open up the Green to provide a better leisure area.
- Such a huge mast should be sited where it is not so visually intrusive – there are several light industrial areas in the vicinity where the mast would not be as noticeable.