STOP STROLLER CLOSE DEVELOPMENT
Petition against proposed development of 4 apartments to the rear of 258 & 260 Benham Hill to be accessed from Stroller Close.
THIS AFFECTS ALL RESIDENTS OF WINSTON WAY, DOUBLET CLOSE, PEGASUS CLOSE, MILL REEF CLOSE AND SPECIFICALLY STROLLER CLOSE.
Planning Application: 16/02044/FULD
Re: The building of 4 apartments in Stroller Close.
This letter is to ask for your support to a petition to STOP the proposed development in Stroller Close an already fully developed and densely populated area of our quiet cul-de-sac estate.
Many residents have raised their objection to this development on the West Berks Council planning website highlighting the following concerns:
- Loss of parking amenity for existing residents
- Increased traffic through the estate
- Increased parking on adjacent roads, blind corners, verges, pavements and opposite driveways
- Potential for a minimum of 8 additional vehicles in the estate
- Refuse collection access cannot be guaranteed (confirmed by Waste Management team)
- Emergency vehicle access restricted
- Impact on residents quality of life and the enjoyment of their homes and surrounding area
- Over development of the estate
- Increased risk to safety and wellbeing of children, elderly and others due to increased traffic flow and dangerous parking
- Residents already having to convert front gardens into parking due to current volume of vehicles and inadequate on street parking
- Thatcham Town Council has objected to this application
Please take the time to register your objection to this development by supporting our petition against this over development of our area.