Say NO to Louisiana SB 11
134 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
134 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
- This petition is to have our voice to be heard, and to STOP the merger of our retirement system
- Senator Barrow Peacock has filed Senate Bill 11 to merge Louisiana School Employees' Retirement (LSERS) with Teachers Retirement System of Louisiana (TRSL)
- Senator Peacock claims that each retirement will remain as individual plans, but allow boards to be combined.
- The Proposed law will terminate the LSERS board of trustees, TRSL will then assume all of their duties and responsibilities.
- The NEW trustee board will consist of 17 trustees, if the board combines WE will have ONE trustee on the board to represent us, and that special election for trustee will be elected on OCTOBER 18, 2018. One voice is not enough for the 30,000 plus members of LSERS
- There will be 7 trustees to represent Pre K-12 Teachers, who will have their representation their from day one because its their board that will represent the Merger.
- LSERS is against this merger
- Even though Senator Peacock purposes for each entity to still remain separate and no benefits will change at time of merger, this is just the beginning of what is to come. The first step is this purposed law, and the termination of the LSERS board to give control to TRSL.