299 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
299 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
- The mission of "Save Marple Greenspace" is to stop the rezoning and development of the largest unprotected area of Greenspace in Marple Township.
- Our goal is to unite Marple and Delco neighbors to stop the rezoning and development of the Don Guanella site by Goodman Properties.
We ask the Marple Commissioners for the following:
1) Reject any rezoning on the 200 acre property and allow development only "by right" given current zoning laws which have been in place for good reason for many years.
2) Provide open meetings concerning relevant traffic studies and development proposals.
3) Provide relevant meeting info online so that the community can be informed and offer input.
This is the largest open space in Delaware County and will preserve the health, environmental, recreational and aesthetic benefits this land has provided for a century.
If passed zoning changes will:
-create more unnecessary commercial space
-create more traffic, noise and pollution
-result in longer commute times
-decrease property values
-compromise the character and integrity of Marple and the surrounding communities.