Prevent relocation of drug addicts & vagrants from Durban to South Coast
Local residents note with concern that the eThekwini municipality, Transnet, the Metro police and the SAP want to relocate drug addicts and vagrants from Anton Lembede street bridge in Durban to Lower Illovo.
This action is wrong and needs to be stopped :
- These individuals may resort to crime in our area to fund their habits and needs.
- We are a small community with limited resources and an already overworked SAP .
- We do not have the capacity to cope with additional crime.
- These people need help. Relocating them will not solve the problem.
- People don’t take kindly to relocation as our history has shown and will eventually find their way back to Durban . This will be another waste of rate payers money.
- If the addicts move, so will their suppliers. We don't need our children exposed to drugs.
- This does not have the support of the local rate payers and voter. We have not been consulted.
We call on the eThekwini City Manager - Sibusiso Sithole, Transnet, the Metro police and the SAP to properly help these people and solve these problems in Durban and not relocate them to our community.