PNBST!!! Stop selling our land!!!
Sign our petition and say NO!!!!!
No - to the current PNBST Trustees and their proposed subdivision and open market sales of our land at the old WAINUIOMATA COLLEGE & INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL sites.
After over 178 years of land loss the iwi of Waiwhetu remain landless via,
- 1840 Lowry Bay Blocks Confiscation / subdivided by the Crown
- 1946 Waiwhetu Section 19. Confiscation / subdivided by the Crown
- 2013 Waiwhetu School (Cultural redress property) Sold by PNBST to
Windows Trust , John Ross (Trustee). Marketed by John Ross - owner Professionals RED COATS Lower Hutt
- 2017 PAETUTU: Jackson Street, Petone (buy/leaseback property) Sold by PNBST to
Ian Cassel's - owner Wellington Company Property Developers.
Marketed by John Ross - owner Professionals RED COATS Lower Hutt
NOW in 2018, THE PNBST TRUSTEES PROPOSE TO:
SUBDIVIDE AND SELL 'LAND WITH HOUSE PACKAGES' IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
- Ian Cassel's - owner The Wellington Company Property Developers
with property sections sold by ....????
We oppose this deliberate act by the PNBST Trustees to commercialise and put at risk the last remnant of 'mana whenua' land Waiwhetu tipuna owned.
We, as direct descendants of the original owners of this land, have lived and maintained Ahi Kaa Roa here in Te Awakairangi (Hutt Valley incl. Wainuiomata). We are supported by our local Marae, Community, families and local government.
Our dream is to build affordable housing and inhabit our 'tribally owned' papakāinga for whānau, hapū and iwi - protected and prepared for future mokopuna and generations to come.
Make a stand we us, sign the petition to show your support - Stop PNBST selling our land!