VeronaWalk Petition for Special Meeting Regarding Pickleball Courts
We the undersigned hereby petition the VeronaWalk HOA to hold a Special Meeting pursuant to the BY-LAWS - Section 2.4. The purpose of this Special Meeting will be to present solutions designed to reduce the negative acoustic and visual impacts of the four existing pickleball courts. We believe these solutions will enable residents to enjoy the sport while providing homeowners within proximity to the courts the ability to enjoy their homes in peace and quiet.
It is hereby requested that such Special Meeting be held within 30 days of receipt of this Petition.
Our suggested solutions that will be presented at the meeting include but are not limited to:
1. Construction of the two new courts be put on hold until points 2 through 6 are addressed.
2. Evaluate the usage of the tennis courts to determine if converting one court into four pickleball courts is a better option, or search for alternative locations instead of the construction of the two new courts taking away more green space by our community center.
3. Only quiet balls and paddles be used for play on all courts .
4. A ban on any future lights on the existing courts.
5. An acoustics engineer should be consulted to recommend solutions to mitigate sound issues.This has been proven to work in other communities.
6. Duval should be asked to provide landscaping solutions to mitigate the courts visual impact.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR ANY FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS. THOSE NOTED ON THIS SITE ARE FOR THE SUPPORT OF IPETITION ONLY.
** Please fill out box to the right with your name, email, and address then click Sign petition **
** Your email will NOT be shared with the public **