Save the Charm of Maitland!! Opposition to Land Use Change
PETITION IN OPPOSITION TO PROPOSED FUTURE LAND USE MODIFICATION OF PROPERTY GENERALLY LOCATED WEST OF S. ORLANDO AVENUE/US 17-92 AND NORTH OF MAITLAND BOULEVARD (Former Summit Charter School Property) A/K/A CITY OF MAITLAND FUTURE LAND USE MAP SERIES-YEAR-2030
We, the undersigned, object to any modification of the City of Maitland Future Land Use Map Series-Year-2030 directly impacting the property generally located West of S. Orlando Avenue/US 17-92, and, North of Maitland Boulevard (The former Summit Charter School) for the following reasons,
The proposed modification:
- Adversely impacts air quality, water quality, and, noise quality
- Shall result in increased traffic congestion and road hazards, creating an unbearable load on the City of Maitland, it’s residents, neighboring communities, and businesses
- Shall result in decreased and declining property values
- Is incompatible with the surrounding neighborhoods,which would increase the residential density to 20 times more than the density of the neighboring properties
- Is incompatible with the Comprehensive Plan’s TOD Study Area B mandate that current residential uses are to be maintained
- Violates the future development requirements law
- Allows for pesticides, fertilizers, and other toxins to be used on the property, which is directly adjacent to Lake Seminary and will filter down through the ground to invade and affect the water quality of Lake Seminary and Maitland water systems
- Creates an undue burden on the City of Maitland for police services, sanitation services, traffic complications
- Deprives residents of rights to privacy and quiet enjoyment of their property through the increased density
- Increases air pollution from car emissions
- Serves to destroy the harmonious pattern with existing developments and the natural environment negatively impacting the City of Maitland’s image
- Destroys habitats for birds and wildlife along Lake Seminary
- Destroys the water quality of Lake Seminary
- Causes increased property taxes to attempt to manage the burdensome requirement for additional police services, sanitation services, traffic complications
- Creates unnecessary problems associated with overcrowded land use and additional crime in the City
- Destroys the character of the City of Maitland
- Causes harm, including, but, not limited to, the City of Maitland, its residents, its businesses, its neighboring communities, its resources, its environment, its character, its air, its water, its land, and, its wildlife.
The proposed modification offers no benefit to anyone, or, anything other than the developer, at the expense of the communities in and around the City of Maitland.
For these reasons, we strongly object to any change in land use of the City of Maitland Future Land Use Map Series-Year-2030 directly impacting the property generally located West of S. Orlando Avenue/US 17-92, and, North of Maitland Boulevard.