Tell the City of Belmont you oppose the draft Housing Element: don't dump on eastern Belmont!
Spread new housing EQUALLY in Belmont!
The City’s new Housing Element plan puts 100% of new 6-story high-density buildings in eastern Belmont (Sterling Downs, Homeview, El Camino) with none in western Belmont. That means around 8,000 people could be added to eastern Belmont over the next decade.
The Housing Element plan is inequitable because it makes 25% of the city’s residents bear all of the burden of new development: traffic, overcrowding, pollution, construction noise, blocked sunlight, parking nightmares, and more.
We need equitable distribution of this new housing to ensure our city is a great place to live for all current and future residents.
Tell the City Council and the Planning Commission:
1. BE EQUITABLE: Spread new housing equally across Belmont. Include western Belmont commercial sites in the Housing Element.
2. LIMIT HEIGHTS: Keep existing height limits in eastern Belmont. If development is spread more equitably across the city, we don’t need to raise height limits.
3. SAVE OUR LOCAL BUSINESSES: Don't rezone Service Commercial Sites on Old County Road to Corridor Mixed Use
4. REDUCE THE BURDEN OF NEW HOUSING ON NEARBY RESIDENTS: Require transitional step backs in all directions (not just from the fronting street) on all housing opportunity sites to mitigate the impact of 4-6 story buildings on adjacent 1-story and 2-story homes.
Make your voice heard now before it’s too late: SIGN THIS PETITION BY JULY 25!
*By signing this petition, you attest that you are a resident of the City of Belmont, San Mateo County, CA, and/or that you own a business or work for a business located in the City of Belmont, and/or your children attend school in BRSSD*
Learn more and join us: www.SaveEastBelmont.org
You can also:
- Share this petition with other Belmont residents!
- Attend (in person or Zoom) and speak up at city meetings about the Housing Element:
- July 19 at 7PM: Planning Commission meeting
- July 26 at 7PM: City Council meeting
- Send a public comment by email to: email@example.com, and CC to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Submit public comments regarding specific parcels on the Housing Element map by August 15: http://bit.ly/belmont-map
Note: No need to donate after you sign the petition -- that money goes to the iPetition platform, not to our cause.