OIS 2014-15 Fee Petition
The School Board & The Head of School,
Oberoi International School,
Oberoi Garden City, Goregaon (E), Mumbai 400063.
Subject: Increase in 2014-15 Recurring Annual Fee’s of Grade 1-to-10 existing students, & fee policy going forward.
Dear OIS Board Member’s & Dr. Kuskovski,
We’re collectively writing to you as parents of Grades 1-to-10 existing students already part of the OIS family. We strongly believe the increase in the Recurring Annual Fee announced on 11/12/13 is both unexpected & excessive. Parents of students graduating from Grade 5 to 6 will have to bear a 35% increase!
While we agree OIS is one of the better schooling options available to our children in this city, this increase on an already high base is beyond our range-of-reason. We’re also very concerned about the fee policy going forward.
We want a reasonable & predictable fee structure that helps the school keep-up with inflation to continue providing existing students at OIS the best education, at the same time is affordable & within expectations of our initial budgets when our children started at OIS. We're proposing the following options to achieve this:
1) Revisit the 35% increase for existing Grade 5 students graduating to Grade 6. This is very steep & beyond a lot of our budgets.
2) Freeze the Recurring Annual Fee for existing students. The school can change its fee structure & policy for new incoming students to accommodate any budget shortfalls this policy creates. Schools like Ecole Mondiale & Ascend International have successfully implemented a similar approach.
3) Freeze for the next 3 academic years the Recurring Annual Fee for existing students. Increase by 12.5% after 3 years, & freeze for another 3 years. The school can change its fee structure & policy for new incoming students to accommodate any budget shortfalls this policy creates.
4) Increase the Recurring Annual Fee for all existing students by INR 20,000/year. The school can change its fee structure & policy for new incoming students to accommodate any budget shortfalls this policy creates.
5) Consider developing an alternate Corporate Fee structure for parents whose corporations/employers are paying for their children's fees. The American School has successfully implemented a similar approach.
Our goal is to create a win-win agreement between the school & the parents of the existing students at OIS. We would like to propose a dialog with you to develop a mutually beneficial option.
Please let us know what day & time will work so a group of us can meet you.
Parents of Existing Students, Grades 1-to-10, OIS