Northern Ireland Pensioners' Manifesto
NI Pensioners' Manifesto
All men and women shall be entitled to dignity, security, and fulfilment in retirement.
We therefore demand that politicians should:
1. Commit to the eradication of pensioner poverty by:
• Increasing the basic state pension, paid alongside other existing entitlements to provide some financial security for all.
• Restoring the link with the higher of earnings or prices.
• Bringing forward the automatic payments of benefits.
2. Increase the winter fuel grant to reflect the high energy prices and introduce a system to review the amount each year in relation to energy costs.
3. Provide improved access to quality social and long-term care to maintain dignity in advanced years.
4. End unfair discrimination where it adversely affects the opportunities, goods and services available to older people.
(Please note - There is no charge to sign this petition. When you sign the petition you will be forwarded to a page with a donation option. You do NOT have to click on this. By the time you reach this page your signature has been registered).