Namaqua National Park should start caring about the Farmers of Namaqualand
We, the Farmers of Namaqualand want to make known our extreme annoyance with Namaqua National Park's blatant disregard of their responsibilities.
As a result of the mismanagement of Namaqua National Park, the farmers are being robbed of our income and our livelihood.
The management of Namaqua National Park is neglecting to:
- Erect and maintain proper fences to keep predators inside the park and off our farms
- Comply with the law on fences according to National Environmental Management Protected Act 2003 (Act No 57/2003)
- Sustainably manage the veld inside Namaqua National Park
- Provide adequate water and food to the animals living inside Namaqua National Park, forcing them to seek food and water elsewhere
- Employ enough people to manage the above effectively
- Respect the rights of their neighbours, the Farmers
- Manage the economic and social impact of their activity in Namaqualand.
We care about the environment. We care about our animals. We care about our community. We demand that Namaqua National Park starts to do the same.
If you care too, please sign our petition so that we can hand it over to SANparks and demand change.