Impey St bus route changes
Impey St Bus route changes
Dear Lake Placid and Red Peak residents, This petition has been started to bring to the attention of the Council and Translink our dissatisfaction with the new bus route on Impey St and through Red Peak
· We are a small quiet suburb and the road is unsuitable for such regular heavy vehicles.
· Children are very often cycling to and from school, walking dogs or travelling to and from the park and playgrounds and are forced now to share the road with the buses as there are no footpaths
· The road through Red Peak is narrower, has blind corners and little parking this forces buses, cars and pedestrians into the same piece of road
· Buses frequently speed through the suburb compounding the issue
· The frequent noise of the buses passing our homes from very early to very late at night is not a part of the safe, quiet suburb that we all chose to live in
· The residents have yet to see one person board/alight the bus along Impey St or Red Peak and the majority of buses appear to have very few people on board
· To our knowledge NONE of the residents were consulted about these changes, when consulted Council have blamed Translink for the change and Translink have blamed Council!
Please sign to show your support and help win back the peace, quiet and safety of our little communities.