Highway Safety - Overnhill Road & Wrenbert Road, Downend, Bristol
We the undersigned hereby wish to formally object to South Gloucestershire Council in respect of the proposed development of 34/36 Overnhill Road, Downend, Bristol on following grounds:
1. The proposed development will increase traffic flows to and from the subject property both on Overnhill Road to the front and Wrenbert Road to the rear.
2. The proposed development will by virtue of providing off-street parking to the front of the subject property will sterilise at least two on-street car parking spaces resulting in no net gain.
3. The proposed development will create nine additional households in the area which will drastically increase the demand for on-street parking on both Overnhill Road and Wrenbert Road.
The consequence of the above for the local residents will be as follows:
1. Significantly reduced highway safety as a result of the increased traffic generated. Overnhill Road has a well-known blind corner and a concealed opening on to the road from William Court which will both be further compromised. Wrenbert Road is a relatively clu-de-sac with a difficult junction with Pendennis Road, which with the increased traffic from the subject property will be worsened.
2. Significantly reduce the number of on-street parking spaces available to existing residents and the many visitors to William Court, this will in turn reduce the number of places for traffic to pull in to allow oncoming traffic to pass, thereby increasing the likelihood of vehicles having to reverse back down long sections of Overnhill Road.
3. Significantly reduced safety for local residents including a large number of elderly on Overnhill Road, school children that use the private lane to rear of the subject property, as well the young families that live on Wrenbert Road.