Henryton Road Traffic Issues
Summer is coming; warmer days, leisurely walks, and plenty of time to enjoy the beauty of Henryton Road. Screeeeech! But what else is coming? TRAFFIC. Hundreds of cars traveling top speed down to the end of the road to enjoy a day of drinking, defecating, and defacing the beauty of Patapsco State Park.
Let's protect the Park and our quality of life by voicing our concerns about the annual influx of visitors to the end of Henryton Road.
1. Traffic - Endless line of cars going down and back up Henryton Road. Most cars are doing well above the speed limit. Many drivers are leaving after a day of drinking.
2. Parking - Cars parked beyond the designated parking area. Cars blocking the road. Cars tearing up the side of the road in order to make more parking.
3. Trash - Bottles, bottles, and more bottles left in the woods and river. People using the park as their personal bathroom.
4. The Amount of People - The end of Henryton is a trailhead not a designated visitor area. There are no facilities, and it is not meant to accommodate large numbers of people. It has become a place where propane grills, elaborate party set ups, and mass gatherings have become the norm.
5. Quality of Life - For those of us who make Henryton Road our home, it can be stressful and difficult to enjoy a walk, bike ride, or just a quiet afternoon in our yard.
6. Dangerous Conditions - Each summer various car accidents and river accidents have occurred at the end of the road. The amount of traffic and people is a danger to the safety of our neighborhood.
1. Designated, limited number of parking spaces at the end of the road. No parking allowed along the road beyond the designated spaces.
2. Existing park rules enforced (no alcohol, no grills)
Please sign this petition to show that you want to keep Henryton Road safe and enjoyable. Please sign this petition to show that you want your voice to be heard and Mr. Yungmann, our county council member, to take measures to address the above issues.