Say Yes To New Homes For Seniors and Families! More Homes Will Lower Housing Costs!
As the cost of housing soars in the East Valley, rising rent has made it nearly impossible for many families and seniors to pay their bills. Essential workers like teachers, fire fighters, nurses and police officers can’t afford to live in the cities where they work hard to make life better.
We need to build more homes. But too often, neighbors screaming "Not In My Back Yard" aggressive campaign to keep out new residents.
A case in point ... south Chandler on an industrial property near Ocotillo Road and Pinelake Way.
Here, angry neighbors have launched an aggressive campaign of distortions to kill new homes for seniors, residents and families.
The neighbors falsely claim:
- New seniors and families will increase crime. THEY WON'T.
- This privately financed gated community is "a massive HUD housing project." IT IS NOT.
- This medium density senior living and family community is an "extremely high-density housing project with … 2,000 residents.” IT IS NOT.
- This community will offer "services and facilities for the 'homeless" IT WILL NOT.
- This community is being built after the developer rejected the "City of Chandler (which offered) 14 other locations." THEY DID NOT.
The neighbors want an industrial project - like another giant warehouse - to be built here instead of new homes for teachers, fire fighters, police officers and senior citizens.
If you support housing for seniors and families people over building another industrial park, please sign our petition today.
Let the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors know that you support building more quality homes for seniors, families and hard-working Arizonans.
Learn more today at EastValleyHousingFacts.com. Thank you.