First State Graduates
SUPPORT THE Delaware 2020 HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES & THEIR GRADUATION
(donations on this forum NOT requested or required following sign up)
One Graduation on the same day, at the same time for every High School in Delaware
For twelve years, we as parents, teachers and school administrators have asked our children to fight for what they believe in, to be their best, and to never settle for less. These children, our children, deserve more than a virtual or drive through graduation. They deserve their moment to shine. We are proposing a state wide graduation as below. This plan can be modified; however; our children deserve to walk the stage as Pomp and Circumstance plays.
- Where - Outdoors Only - football field, athletic field, large municipal space *NOTE - a standard size football field with sidelines, end zone, stands and track can accommodate a class size of 500-600 students with guests and faculty.
- When - Week of June 22 - starting on Monday with each consecutive day as rain date.
- Who - Every Graduating Senior with 2 Guests, teachers and faculty, Board of Education and their distinguished guests
- All attendees required to wear a mask
- All attendees will be provided with hand sanitizer at the entry gates
- All entry gates to be staffed with body temperature check points
- All entry points and seating for attendees and graduates will be arranged for appropriate and required social distancing in all directions.
- Multiple points of entry and exit
- Police presence to help orderly entrance/exit
- Each town required to LiveStream the ceremony for family members and staff/ admin not in attendance
- Create a registration whereby all parents and Graduates agree to maintain social distancing through the entirety of the event. Those graduates who do not register and agree to the rules, will not be allowed to participate
- No live band music. Recorded band participation encouraged
- All rehearsals to be done virtually, in advance. No on site rehearsal
- Restroom (monitor) staffed with professional cleaning contractor for sanitizing throughout the event
- No food or beverage other than bottled water allowed
- PARENT/GUARDIAN PARTICIPATION ENCOURAGED AND NEEDED
- All individual graduation ceremonies beyond the above guidelines are planned by their respective communities.