Goose Lake Chicken CAFO Petition
PLEASE SIGN PETITION TO STOP INDUSTRIAL SIZE CHICKEN CFO FROM POLLUTING GOOSE LAKE AND AREA RESIDENTS.
This petition is to call upon Galen Miller, President and owner of Miller Poultry to immediately terminate the CAFO production contract with Adlock Broiler, LLC and Sarah and Joe Lopez at 5300 N 250W, Columbia City, IN, 46725.
We oppose: because its close proximity to residents and lakes can
- Cause serious harm to the health and quality of life of its neighbors.
- Pollute our air and destroy our water/watershed.
- Lower the value of our homes and farmsteads.
- Deplete Whitley County’s revenues and decrease the economic viability of our community. AND
- Adlock Broiler, LLC, does not appear to be in keeping with the Miller Poultry Brand as defined on the Miller webpage: “Miller Poultry chickens are raised primarily by Amish families in smaller flocks. While they are free to roam within the chicken house…they are fed an all-vegetable, drug free diet and are hormone and antibiotic free.” We do not consider 160,000 chickens a ‘smaller flock’, nor do we expect these chickens will have much space for ‘free to roam”.