Call for opening up of Tanah Merah and disserted coast for fishing
Dear All, please use this page to petition as I didn't realise that this website requires donation.
I got a friend to setup a facebook page instead
SLA has been fencing off all the uninhibited and deserted coasts, they claims that illegal foreigners have been using these areas to enter Singapore. But,
1. Didn't we have night vision cameras which monitor the coasts
2. Isn't it better to have anglers as an extra eye to help monitor the coast
3. Isn't a fine of $500 plus 8 hours lockup too much for stepping onto deserted state land, some of which are not even fenced up.
4. Our park rangers and police are catching more illegal anglers than illegal immigrants. Ratio of 100 to 1.
5. Shouldn't police be installing more cameras on surrounding lands and coasts, instead of the lazy method of fencing up the coasts and hope the illegals didn't have fence cutters.
Please support and demand our government to stop prosecuting leisure anglers. Thanks