Stop the rezoning of the R1 property to R3 property between 60th and 64th in Allendale Township
This is a petition to show support for the efforts to stop the rezoning of the property between 60th and 64th that is south of Lake Michigan Drive in Allendale Township. The land owner would like this property rezoned from R1 residential to R3 residential. R3 zoning would allow for many uses including an apartment complex that could hold around 238 units or 700 bedrooms. This area is currently surrounded by a quiet neighborhood composed of single family homes. We would like to gather the support of the community to show the zoning board that we do not want an apartment complex in this area and would prefer to see single family homes.
Some of the concerns about this proposal include:
1) Increased traffic and the 55mph speed limit on 60th
2) The need for more police to respond to the increase in population
3) Introducing housing the could be utilized by students west of the area designated in the master plan
4) The impact this could have on existing property values
5) There is no plan on how this will be developed. R3 zoning only limits the density of the property, not the type of housing built.
Please only sign this if you live in Allendale Township Michigan and if you sign please put your street address in the comments as the zoning board requests this information when commenting publicly.
6268 Winans Dr.