Bloomington Criminal Justice Support Petition
Bloomington Indiana NEEDS law and order! Our elected officials need to act.
We the undersigned petitioners are registered voters in Monroe County, Indiana and are voters and or property owners in the City of Bloomington, Monroe County, the State of Indiana. We hereby petition the Monroe County Commission and the City Counsel of Bloomington, Indiana to accomplish the following by 8/1/2017:
- Create a supplemental budget which will enable the Chief of Police to hire 25 additional permanent full-time City of Bloomington Police Officers.
- Create a supplemental budget which will enable the Sheriff to hire 5 additional permanent sheriff's deputies for the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.
- Empower the Chief of Police and the Sheriff to expand their drug interdiction efforts facilitated by the new staffing.
- Empower the Chief of Police to expand the BPD property crimes task force.
- Create one more Circuit Court Judge position.
- Create two more assistant district attorney positions and provide for their appointment and selection.
- Empower the Sheriff to increase the bed count in the Monroe County Jail by 50 beds.
- Empower the Chief of Police to build and staff a 25 bed city jail.
- Empower the Fire/EMS Chief in the City of Bloomington to hire 10 additional permanent, full time, paramedics, and specialize them in drug addiction rescues.
When we get to 5000, we will deliver this petition to the County and the City for their response. Please comment if you would like to be on the citizen's committee to ensure our petition is acted on. Write David Phillips, LPC; PO Box 433; Bloomington, IN 47402 if you are interested.