Action Lake Placid
To the Village Officials.
Our beautiful town looks tired and shabby. The taxpaying citizens and concerned visitors are calling for immediate action on the following:
- mid-town lower parking lot needs repair and paint or a banner to cover the crumbling wall until a new parking plan is implemented. Decades have gone by with nothing done to improve this unsightly mess. The Mayor has declared that no banners are allowed this is categorically untrue (Ironman) and of that is the case then a variance is requested to cover this immediately - Summer 2019.
- remove or continue building and finish the "hot dog" building on Main St. nothing should sit as a vacant shell for years . Status needed please.
- new planters needed at the foot of Main St. - they are mismatched and in disrepair.
- lines and arrows drawn in all parking lots.
- a report is requested on what immediate action is being taken to alleviate the use of salt on roads and sidewalks around Mirror Lake.
- sidewalk repair. The condition is dangerous and shameful.
The words "we are looking into it" are no longer acceptable. Every season that goes by without action is a taking a toll and the net result is a town that is looks neglected and worn.
We are asking for action and answers NOW.
Friends and fans of Lake Placid