To improve road safety & reduce traffic speed through Radyr & Morganstown to 20mph
We call upon the Radyr and Morganstown Community Council, Cardiff Council and the Department of Transport, to work together and implement traffic calming measures, safe crossings and a 20mph limit throughout Radyr and Morganstown, as a matter of urgency and as recommended by Road Safety Experts; to create a road that is safer for all road users and pedestrian-friendly for our children and most vulnerable residents.
The villages of Radyr and Morganstown on the outskirts of Cardiff have a single B road running through them.The road has become increasingly busy and treacherous over the past decade,leading to collisions, injuries and near misses - endangering the lives of our community members on a daily basis.
- Heol Isaf is a B road classification.
- 10,000 + vehicles use this road each day.
- 81% of all vehicles using this road exceed the current 30mph speed limit.
- There have been 24 collisions, injuries and near misses on the road over the past decade.
- HGV's illegally use the road on a daily basis.