Support Tameside Employability School
107 signers. Add your name now!
107 signers. Almost there! Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
We support increased parental choice in Tameside and ask that Tameside Employability School be opened in 2013.
- We call it an Employability School because we want all young people to find their purpose in life
- We believe that while traditional mainstream school works well for the majority of young people there is a substantial minority who don't cope well and don't benefit from it.
- We believe that small is beautiful so we limit intake and enjoy a family atmosphere where young people can thrive.
- We believe that the first three years are vital to ensure confidence, sociability and community so our work is project based in family groups. Good standards in literacy, numeracy and communication skills are our primary focus.
- We believe that teamwork is the norm in the workplace so our tutors team teach to set a good example and show how important it is to our young people to learn to respect and work with and for each other.
- We believe that in years 9 to 13 the young people focus on what they need to do for their future. We work in full partnership with others to provide ONGOING specific work experience as well as dedicated support to get any required qualifications.
Tameside Employability School