Suspicious Property Sale (King George Park) - RSA
94 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
94 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
We as the residents of King George Park (Western Cape) stand together against the recent sale of ERF 21028 / 21029 at a value of R1 for the purposes of low income development.
- We object to the lack of public participation in this matter and inadequate legal notice given (as this was not published in the George Herald).
- We believe the development will infringe on the Green belt & have an impact on the Bush Buck & other animals that inhabit this area.
- We question the motives of the selling of prime land at an amount of R1.
- We are concerned about the devaluation of adjacent land to new development. This would also influence current municipality rates as this is based on land value.
- We are concerned about increased congestion / traffic that would be created into/out the suburb as currently there is only 2 access road, both already congested during peak times.
- We question the urban spatial implications - as KGP is already a small suburb with limited living / communal area's. We ask for evidence of studies done by the municipality.
- We ask for justification from the George municipality, as to the loss of revenue in the form of rates - where a higher levy could be gained from prime property sales.
As rate payers & home owners of King George Park we take this matter most seriously & request that the above concerns be addressed as a matter of urgency.