Stop Non-Residential Development @ Mt. Vernon and Spalding
We love our first responders, but we do not want a Fire Station located at Mt. Vernon and Spalding. Please help us by signing this petition asking our city officials to find a more suitable location. Some of our concerns listed below will have a negative impact on surrounding homes and neighbors, therefore impacting all of us!
- Fire Station presence near homes have a negative impact on the value of our homes. Fire Stations near homes are regularly in the Top 10 reasons for lower values causing a range of 2-10% value reduction. Reduction in values on these homes will have an impact on all our values.
- The aesthetics of a commercial Fire Station building being in the middle of our zoned, residential community, including items such as cell and drying towers, community recycle bins, and large parking lots located at many of these facilities are not acceptable and change the character of our community.
- The significant noise increases due to sirens, engine trucks, truck repairs or cleanings, the construction of the project, the coming and going of the engines, garage doors opening and closing at all hours will impact our quality of life.
- Lights on the project and trucks 24/7 activity being at our front door will be a constant nuisance to the residence in the area.
- The increase traffic of commercial vehicles poses numerous safety concerns.
- Rezoning of this lot from residential opens the door for further development in our protected area; including and not limited to the widening of Spalding Drive and Mt. Vernon Road. This area is currently zoned by Sandy Springs as RE – Residential Estate which is a Protected Residential area. Help keep it that way.
Please pass this link along to others that may have the same concerns!!