Send Village Opposing Greenbelt Development
Send Parish Council has published a document in which they state that they will NOT oppose the possibility of Greenbelt development in our village.
If we stand back and allow this plan to proceed, we may be looking at over 2000 new homes in the villages of Send and Send Marsh in the foreseeable future.
Please get your individual letters of objection in to Guildford Borough Council without delay – This may be your last opportunity to stand up against the destruction of this rural community.
· It will result in urban sprawl which is precisely what establishment of the Green Belt was designed to protect
· There is insufficient infrastructure to support such development
· Local schools are at capacity now
· Roads are at a standstill at peak times already and large scale building will add hundreds more vehicles
· The villages of Send, Send Marsh, Burnt Common will completely lose their identities.
Please make you views on this important matter known to those currently in control of the future of this area by getting individual letters off to Guildford Borough Council now.
Also, please sign our petition which will be taken to the heart of local government and possibly beyond.
Please also look out for notice of an extraordinary general meeting of Send Parish Council and please attend it and support fellow villagers in their determination to keep our communities as they are.