BARROW COUNTY CONCERNED CITIZENS AGAINST HIGH DENSITY HOUSING ON WALL RD, STATHAM!!!
We are signing this petition as concerned citizens to show opposition to the proposed development of a high density subdivision (R3) located off of Wall Rd and Elder Rd in rural Barrow County and to oppose the request to amend Barrow County's Future Land Use Map to accommodate the rezone from Rural Reserve to Suburban Neighborhood.
This proposed development will add 318 houses to roughly 66% of approximately 95 acres (over 3 dwellings per acre). This land is currently zoned Agricultural (AG) which is characterized by large acreage residential lots and farms of at least 5 acres. The adjacent and near by properties are zoned Agricultural Residential (AR) and Low Density Single-Family Residential (R1). The approval of the amendment to the Future Land Use Map and rezone will rapidly and adversely change the area.
We strongly oppose and believe this unfavorable change to the Future Land Use Map along with the R3 rezone will have severe negative impacts to our surrounding communities. We oppose high density housing in our area and want to preserve the rural characteristics of our community. We want to prevent the negative consequences an impact like this will have such as:
- lowering our property values by setting a precedent for high density housing in the area
- increasing traffic on our rural roads that are currently in poor condition
- overwhelm our already crowded school system
- "The cost of such a densely populated development would be very detrimental" per Dr. McMichael, Superintendent, Barrow County Schools
- increasing crime in area
Please, sign and share this petition to show your opposition to CASE # RZSU 202044 and let Barrow County Board of Commissioners know that WE DO NOT APPROVE!!!!!
Join the fight to stop this rezoning by doing the following:
- Email, call or text the 7 Commissioners and let them know you oppose and why.
- Show your opposition by wearing black to the Nov 10, 2020 Board of Commissioners' meeting at 7:00pm (old Barrow County Courthouse)!!
- Inform your neighbors about this.
You do not have to donate any money.