Say No! A petition AGAINST relocating The Southeast Arkansas Community Correction Center
Our Governor was informed today of the petitions with over 3,000 plus signatures and he has now decided to "pause or hold off temporarily on making a final decision, this will allow more time for dialogue and gathering information. We see this as a positive, keep the faith and continue to pray!!!
- 138 JOBS at stake!
- A decision has not been made nor voted on by ADC Board or the West Memphis Quorum Court
- The existing facility is desperately in need of extensive repair
- $1.2 million has been appropriated but not funded for this facility
- The budgeted amount of $600,000.00 has been designated for repair
- The facility can be relocated to West Memphis where a vacant hospital can be updated at minimum
- Therefore, a petition has been started. We are asking all concerned citizens to sign this petition
- asking our Governor, Asa Hutchinson, to please act upon our request:
- If needed, create 2 phases, phase 1 - funding the appropriated $1.2 million designated for the
- immediate repairs
- Phase 2 - appropriating and funding from 2017 budget monies to complete renovations
These additional signatures will be added to the 3,000 plus