Save Clarkston's Neighborhoods
This is a Petition from Clarkston citizens to the Mayor, City Council and Administration to
- Request an immediate moratorium/stoppage on the issuance of any additional permits, approvals, or other actions related to the proposed development project of the North American Missionary Board of the Southern Baptist Convention.
- The moratorium/stoppage is required because citizens have not been adequately informed about this large proposed development.
- Because of this lack of information citizens are unaware of the serious potential impacts such as lowering of property values due to traffic congestion including bus traffic, overflow parking on residential streets, excessive noise from sports fields, light pollution into nearby residences, non-residential incursion into the neighborhoods, disruption of travel patterns due to the abandonment of a public street, and a weakening of neighborhood cohesiveness due to incompatible land use.
- This plan is contrary to Clarkston’s Future Land Use Plan, developed with public input and adopted by Clarkston and approved by the Georgia State Legislature.
Call to Action for Residents
- Contact your Mayor and all yourCouncil Members
Email addresses are: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend public meetings to talk to your elected officials.
- Tell your neighbors about the NAMB Plan and educate them to get involved.
- Post a yard sign to show your support to Save Clarkston’s Neighborhood.
- Follow Save Clarkston’s Neighborhood on social media.