Restoration of the public access along E. Stanford Ave. between S. Lafayette and S. Downing Streets
The public has enjoyed access along the roadbed of E. Stanford Ave which was vacated by the Trustees of Cherry Hills Village, between S Lafayette and S Downing Streets, in 1954. Kids riding their bikes, equestrians, runners and neighbors out for a walk with the family pooch have all enjoyed this space....Change is inevitable, but this walkway is a part of the legacy of our community...Third and fourth generations are still enjoying an intregal part of what makes Cherry Hills Village special to a lot of it's residents... That simple, pleasant and seemingly uncomplicated part of village life as we know it may be coming to an end. One of the abutting properties was sold in the past few years. The nearly 3 acre parcel was subdivided into 2 lots. The owner of the lot that remains abutting the walkway has erected a fence which has reduced the area by about 25% and greatly diminished the atmosphere that has prevailed in the walkway area and the surrounding neighborhood for nearly 58 years. This petition is a plea to restore that East Stanford Ave walkway to what it has been for more than half a century by removing the newly erected fence at 4525 S Lafayette St to the boundary as it existed before. If required by charter,the petitioners also request that the CHV council meet it's obligations by taking such action as required to restore the East Stanford Ave walkway and to secure it for the benefit of all residents.