SIGN & SHARE! REJECT PROPOSALS TO REDUCE PUBLIC OPENING HOURS AT TELFORD ICE RINK DURING THE SCHOOL DAY.
Why is this important?
Many people will be affected by these council proposals.....
- The Telford Ice Rink staff could potentially have contract working hours reduced, or potentially lose there jobs.
- There will be less opportunities for retired adults who use the adult morning sessions or public sessions to keep healthy, potentially increasing NHS costs.
- The tots sessions for young children will potentially have to stopped.
- Less leisure opportunities.
- The up and coming Telford figure skaters, who are competing at national level, including British Championships will have less opportunity to train.
- Telford Council will be breaking agreed contracts with skaters who are signed up to there skating memberships (this will then have to be reduced, skaters also entitled to stop there memberships due to the council breaking the agreed terms and eat in to the councils 40,000 they expect to save).
- Will effect Telford figure skating coaches livelihoods.
- Figure skaters and Ice Dancers that make use of the rink in the mornings will have to travel to other rinks or move training rinks completely.
Please sign and make the council aware the damage this could cause to the local community.