Petition: Refusal of backwards payments for plotting
We, students of Aalborg University at Create Building (Rendsburggade 14, 9000, Aalborg), were accused of "Cheating the payment system on the large format plotters" by Mads Brath Jensen, Lab. Engineer, in an email from 13/06/2016, 14:45. Consequently, students have received invoices demanding backwards payment for plotting.
- There is no written statement considering printing on larger formats than A0 is cheating or against the rules. The printing systems allows for printing such formats.
- The printing logs prove that the system has been used for plotting larger formats than A0, but it does not prove any cheating, neither aware, nor unaware.
- The pricing list does not specify that the price for formats larger than A0 should be higher.
- The students have not been introduced to the printing system at all. Furthermore, there is lack of guidance on how to operate the plotter (e.g. changing the paper roll on the colour plotter).
- The students are not responsible for correct functionality of the printing system.
We are not against introducing the new and more clear rules or improving the printing system. However, the students cannot be charged, if no rule was clearly violated.
We kindly ask the responsible persons for considering the students´ opinion on this matter. As a result, we ask the responsible persons to cancel the invoices.
The Students of CREATE